Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Dawn's Nest Tote - Finished!


I finally worked on the applied I-cord last night and found it was easy! LOL! I should have started it a long time ago! I got across the front and a couple of inches into the handle last evening.

My yarn is thick and thin, so working with that has been a little more challenging, than working with plain cotton yarn. It's Patagonia Nature Cotton by Araucania. I like the colors, though, since blue is my favorite color.

11:00 4-23-08: Finished the first handle tonight! Will work on the second handle at knitting on Thursday night!

4-29-08: Finished the second handle and wove in all the ends on Sunday, the 27th. Today, I got a picture! This KAL was just the incentive I needed, to get those handles finished! I used US9 for the body of the bag and US3 for the handles.

Yesterday, I needed to go to the laundromat with one of my big quilts. My bag easily held the latest Debbie Macomber book and my bottle of detergent. Later on, we took it to the store and it held a loaf of bread, a box of cereal and a box of granola bars. I'm all set for the farmer's market season now!

No comments: