Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Let's Get Started!

This is my first KAL and I'm nervous and excited at the same time. I am a fan of this tote and have wanted to make one for awhile. I don't really have any projects going right now except for some washcloths and a blanket I'm making for my son. I've run out of yarn and can't buy any more right now so the blanket is on hold. Speaking of not being able to buy yarn for the blanket, I also can't buy yarn for this tote. My husband and I are trying really hard this month to stick to our budget and only buy necessities. For some reason he doesn't think yarn is a necessity and I guess if I think about it really hard... I agree with him. I thought I had quite a bit of an off-white/cream cone of cotton left from a wrap around sweater thing I made for my daughter but after searching and searching I couldn't find it. But I did find these partial balls of peaches or sugar & cream.
So that's what I'm gonna use. My husband should be proud that I'm using up yarn from my stash and not buying more to add to it! That just means that when my stash is gone I'll have to buy more to fill it up again, right?!
I hope you all have fun knitting your totes and I can't wait to see everyone's progress. Have a GREAT day!!

2 comments:

jessica said...

It will be beautiful! And he will be proud of you! Way to use up your stash!!!

Diane said...

I've been 'gifted' with a bag of libby's Sugar 'n Cream new yarn balls from my neighbor. If you get your finished just let me know. I'll mail you two balls to start another!!! I'm not a dish cloth knitter and could never use this shared stash up. I'd be happy to see them go to good use.