Tuesday, April 29, 2008
I finished 3 bags and have another one on the needles, but I don't think I'll finish it before the end of the day tomorrow.
The first one I made used Louet Euroflax Linen (green bag). It was not a fun yarn to knit but I love the finished result. I followed the pattern and knit it flat but when I seamed the sides I left about 2-3 inches at the top unseamed. I like the opening at the top done this way.
The second one I used Peaches 'n Cream cotton (blue bag). It was okay to knit with, nothing special. I knit a garter stitch bottom, picked up stitches and knit it in the round. Then I attached the handles but left the sides so that the handle did not include those stitches. It's nice, a little shorter than the other and a little wider. It will probably be good for some heavier things.
The third one used DMC Senso Crochet Cotton/Arcrylic blend (pink and orange). It was actually nice to knit with and has a very nice feel to the bag (not as sturdy feeling as the linen). I knit this one in the round bottom to top and I just stitched up the bottom when I finished. The opening at the top is not as large as I would like so the one that I am working on now I will stop a few inches from the top, split the stitches onto two needles and knit back and forth creating a section that is not knit in the round. I much prefer knitting this pattern in the round so I will do most of it that way. This has been a fun project and I will probably knit some more to give away to friends/family.