Saturday, April 26, 2008

Topsail Beach Bag

This started out as the “PIA” bag. Changed the name after I completed it. I LOVE it!

The top of the bag was done in blue, representing the Mighty Atlantic. Then I knitted the blue of the ocean with the natural color representing where the water and land meet, aka sea foam. Finally, the lower part of the bag is tan for the sandy beach and dunes of North Topsail Island and Topsail Island, NC. I then sewed on the “Shell Jewelry” from my North Topsail Island shell stash because, everything needs jewelry of some sort.

The bag was done in 3 colors of Reynolds Saucy. I, like others, strayed a bit from the original pattern. The blue was done in K1P1 rib for several rows then K2Tog. The rest of the bag is a random mix of K2tog and SSK.

Learned several new techniques including that applied I-Cord that seemed to throw me for a loop! Once I got the hang of it, it was a piece of cake!

No comments: