Thursday, April 3, 2008

Do you know which row you are on?

If you do, cool! If not, read on and see if this helps you! This is simply called reading your knitting, once you figure that out its smooth sailing from here!



OK first things first. When you get done with a K1 *yo, K2tog* row or a *SSK, yo* K1 row it will look something like this: notice the slanted yarn overs


















Then you will need to purl the next row.

(that was easy, I know, but just in case we have some real newbies) I want you all to feel comfortable knitting this tote!




When you see (in the circle) the stitches slanting to the left, you will need to do the K1*yo, K2tog* row


















the reason they are slanting to the left is because when you SSK, that creates a left slanting decrease. Then you need to do the opposite, the K2tog.




When you see (in the circle) the stitches slanting to the right, you will need to do the *SSK, yo* K1 row.



















the reason they are slanting to the right is because when you K2tog, that creates a right slanting decrease. Then you need to do the opposite, the SSK.




One other trick, was that I used 2 different colors (like the bag on the sidebar, with the apples in it) and did the different rows with each color. For example, with the brown yarn I did the SSK and a purl row, and with the green yarn I did the K2tog and a purl row.


OK so that was it, my tricks. I know they really aren't tricks, but I hope it will help you. Please feel free to ask any other questions, or if this doesn't make sense... Ask away! You also can always count your rows, but that never works for me because I forget to do it and then that messes me up.



No comments: